Last week, TESCO “Eat Happy Project” sent us an interesting recipe for Courgette Muffins. Our chefs, have already elaborated the recipe. These muffins are the perfect alternative to typically sweet muffins which both kids and adults will love.
Ingredients (for 12 muffins)
- 1 small Courgette
- 100g light cheddar cheese
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50ml vegetable or sunflower oil
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2. Place the muffin cases in the muffin tin.
3. Cut the ends off the courgette.
4. Grate the courgette and cheese
5. Mix all of the ingredients together to form a smooth batter.
6. Divide the mixture equally between the muffin cases using 2 spoons
7. Bake for 20 minutes until golden.
8. Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Image obtained from: theguardian.com